If you are purchasing a piece of Rachel Boston jewellery whilst in the UK and are based in a non-European Union country, you can reclaim the sales tax (VAT) on your purchase.
To claim, let us know when ordering, pay the £120 administrative fee and we will give you a tax refund form and receipt when you collect.
Here is how to do this:
- Send us an email at email@example.com letting us know that you will need a tax refund form and a receipt before you arrange to collect your piece – we will fill out all the information you need prior to your collection, and you can finish filling out the form with your details at home. If we are posting or couriering your piece back to you, please let us know you will require these forms in advance, so that we can send everything over to you at the same time.
- Have a stamped and addressed envelope ready before you get to the airport, so that you can send the documents back to us from the UK. Our address is as follows: Rachel Boston Ltd, 24 Cheshire Street, E2 6EH, London, United Kingdom.
- The person claiming the VAT at the airport needs to have the product(s) with them and be the person that placed and collected the order from our showroom. It is their details that should appear on the refund form.
- The person claiming the VAT must make the claim within three months of collecting their order from us.
- Once you are at the airport, take your receipt and completed form to the VAT refunds counter or the custom desk (usually located after security). You will need to have the item(s) on your person for inspection.
- Once your document has been stamped, ask to be directed to a post-box and use your stamped and addressed envelope to send the forms back to us. We recommend taking a photo of the stamped form for your records.
Please kindly note that conditions apply, and for full details please visit the HM Revenue & Customs website.
In some cases, when you are ordering directly from abroad, we might not need to charge you VAT, but your Rachel Boston piece(s) might be subject to local custom charges and taxes upon entering your country of residence that are your responsibility to pay. If you are based abroad and think this might apply to you, please get in touch. We always advise checking rates with your local authorities prior to placing your order.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org